1 day left
- Start Date
Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, FTSE 100 company?
Want to develop your career and skills?
Have an eye for a good deal?
Interested in the latest technology?
Want to create your own legacy?
We are seeking two enthusiastic graduates to join our successful Procurement team as IT Category Buyers.
You’ll support Aviva's Customer and Digital First strategies by working across the Aviva Group to understand and translate business needs into commercial requirements, sourcing them from the market at the optimum commercial outcome, influencing significant annual spend.
You’ll receive training through the industry-recognised CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualification as well as on-the-job coaching, with great development opportunities.
Specifically you will:
- Develop a robust understanding of market dynamics for a range of categories of spend as well as gaining a detailed knowledge of Aviva’s business strategies.
- Negotiate new and existing supplier contracts, including pricing and other commercial terms, to deliver savings and manage supply risks.
- Conduct and present high quality analysis on Aviva's supplier spend supplier performance, financial metrics, external supply market dynamics and technologies, using industry-leading tools and techniques.
- Build rapport and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders across all levels of our business within the UK and globally.
- Have the opportunity to work with Aviva’s various locations globally
- Build beneficial relationships with our suppliers, from leading edge technology companies through to niche start-ups.
- Gain experience using and embedding market-leading Procurement tools and systems.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and ability to build relationships
- General commercial awareness & business skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to assess, manipulate and interpret data
- IT Skills – Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working within a demanding, fast evolving environment
- Excellent customer service
• Salary of £25,000 with excellent career progression opportunities
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Generous holiday allowance
• Excellent flexible benefits package