Bright Futures Programme
Degree Apprenticeship: Housing Policy and Practice
Looking for a new challenge? Want to earn while you learn? Our Bright Future Programme could be for you.
If you’re looking to work for an exciting and innovative company and be part of the future of providing homes for people in need, our new management training programme will give you the skills, confidence and qualifications to be part of our talented team.
The Bright Futures Programme offers hands on experience, a degree, a salary, and a permanent job with us once you have finished.
- 18 years and above
- GCSEs grade C or above in Maths and English
- A’ Level points to be equivalent to UCAS points required to undertake a degree at University (96 points equivalent to 3 C’s or above)
- Customer focused attitude and behaviour
- Able to drive or commitment to drive within first year of employment, at own cost
- 4 years – year 1 - Certificate in Higher Education, years 2, 3 & 4 – BSc (Hons degree) in Housing Policy & Practice.
- Work-based learning at Flagship to start between May and August 2017
- Academic study with Salford University to start in September 2017
What’s in it for you
- Practical experience in a variety of areas across the business such as property management, customer services, planning and asset management
- A permanent job with Flagship on course completion
- Starting salary £10,000 per annum, incremental salary scale with increases upon each successful completion each semester increasing to £22,000 on course completion
- 23 days’ annual leave
- Eligibility for our pension scheme
- The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Housing – a recognised and valuable seal of approval.
The Bright Futures Programme is a four-year “earn while you learn” course for 18 year olds and above who will enrol on a Certificate in Higher Education (one year) leading onto a three-year degree. A permanent job with Flagship is guaranteed when you finish.
The Programme brings together the next generation of housing employees with leaders and mentors from the industry. Four positions will be available from May 2017 where you will work across all service areas such as asset management, development, housing and research, from day one.
You will split your time between the workplace and university study, with the latter starting in September this year. Most of the university study will be online with some attendance at university.
You will also have a dedicated Flagship mentor who will review your progress, agree objectives and provide general support.
Proof it can work
Executive Director at Flagship Group Emma King has been instrumental in bringing the initiative together:
“There is a real shortage of housing specific degrees for people and we want to use this as an opportunity to highlight housing as a great sector to work in, and Flagship as a great company to work for.
“As someone who has completed a training management programme, I know how key this course will be in providing an opportunity for our business to grow our own talent as we will have young people who are professionally qualified with the skills specific to our needs.”
Head of Housing at Flagship Group, Andrea Rutterford has also completed a management training programme at the start of her career in housing and said:
“It was a really useful way of learning with the practical and academic areas of the course complimenting each other.
“I wouldn’t have been able to move around into different departments and undertake a variety of roles if I didn’t have the breadth of knowledge I’ve gained, so it’s provided me with greater job opportunities.
“It’s equipped me with the skills and wider knowledge for me to do my job effectively, and some of the fundamental things I learnt I still use today. I’ve stayed within the housing sector for 25 years, so that’s a real testament to how useful it was.”
How to apply
To apply for this role please send a covering letter detailing what interests you about the role and how you meet the requirements via the apply button.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017