Commercial Digital Development Apprentice (Level 4)
Aviva are looking for a well qualified school or college leaver to join us as a Commercial Digital Development Apprentice in our General Insurance Commercial Lines team. This role will be based in Norwich.
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career with the UK’s largest insurer. We have ambitious plans to continue our domination of the General Insurance market and the scale of our UK operations provides further scope for individual development and progression.
This role gives you a fantastic opportunity to develop your technical skills by working alongside a highly skilled and experienced team of professionals.
You will be sponsored to study for the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) exams and expected to achieve Diploma status within two years.
As a successful candidate you will be trained to do a variety of tasks including:
- Support the successful implementation of digital sales & marketing activities contributing to the delivery of annual profit and revenue plans and supporting the overall digital strategy.
- Ensure comprehensive analytics & MI are in place to help understand customer behaviours and optimise on line journey performance for SMEs.
- Support the delivery of new distribution opportunities at both individual company and distribution channel level.
- Support the development and implementation of new covers and products adhering to agile principles ensuring ‘Good Customer Outcomes’ principles are followed.
- Maintain a clear view of insight of competitor’s direct & digital broker propositions identifying gaps and opportunities for Aviva.
As a Commercial Digital Development Apprentice you will work towards the Level four, an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification.
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
The successful candidates must demonstrate a good understanding of the SME market and digital trading, product & proposition development skills and effective communication. The candidate must also be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career in the insurance industry.
You will also hold a Minimum of 240 UCAS points (Equivalent to 3 “C”s at “A” level)’
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Good understanding of the micro SME market and commercial digital trading.
- Product & proposition development
- Able to recommend and implement change
- Initiative & innovation
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Highly effective communicator
- Good team player/ networking across the virtual team
- Great at making things happen
We’re Aviva, the UK’s No.1 insurer and sixth-largest financial services organisation in the world. Our purpose is to Defy Uncertainty for our customers. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered.
We’d like to get to know you better. Not just as one of the future stars of our business, but as a person too. In fact, we think that it’s our different backgrounds, interests, thoughts and ideas that have made us the vibrant, globally successful business that we are today.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying or if you want to discuss the role before doing so, please contact Vicky in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.