Apprentice Pricing Analyst (Level 4)
Apprentice Pricing Analysts
Aviva are looking for a well qualified school or college leaver to join us as Apprentice Pricing Analysts in our General Insurance Commercial Lines team. This role will be based in Norwich.
Salary - £Competitive + benefits (Starting from £15,500)
About the role
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career with the UK’s largest insurer. We have ambitious plans to continue our domination of the General Insurance market and the scale of our UK operations provides further scope for individual development and progression.
This role gives you a fantastic opportunity to develop your technical skills by working alongside a highly skilled and experienced team of professionals.
You will be sponsored to study for the Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) exams and expected to achieve Diploma status within two years.
As a successful candidate you will be trained to do a variety of tasks including:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of rating structures and rates for a group of products within the Commercial Lines account.
- Monitor the performance of pricing decisions and use your insight to enhance modelling assumptions and processes.
- Provide management information, insight and analysis to monitor and forecast the financial performance of accounts at a class, channel, product, regional and segment level.
- Work closely with colleagues from across the business to identify the right opportunities to achieve profitable growth.
- As an Apprentice Pricing Analyst you will work towards the Level four, an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification.
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
The successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career in the insurance industry.
Above all you must want a career in the insurance industry and be both willing and committed to learn.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 240 UCAS Points, comprised of a minimum of 3 Cs at A Level with one of those being in Maths, or 3 Scottish Highers with Maths at grade B or above.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an advantage.
We’re Aviva, the UK’s No.1 insurer and sixth-largest financial services organisation in the world. Our purpose is to Defy Uncertainty for our customers. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered.
We’d like to get to know you better. Not just as one of the future stars of our business, but as a person too. In fact, we think that it’s our different backgrounds, interests, thoughts and ideas that have made us the vibrant, globally successful business that we are today.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying or if you want to discuss the role before doing so, please contact Vicky in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.