Digital Apprentice Business Analyst Level 4
At Aviva we strongly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So we are looking for individuals with a curious mind, a customer focus and a passion for technology and software development to join us as an Apprentice Business Analyst.
About the role
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to develop a long-term career in Business Analysis whilst working towards an industry recognised Business Analyst Level 4 qualification.
Our Digital teams are doing great things; we created the award winning customer portal ‘My Aviva’ which has been so successful it’s now a global platform, we develop all of our own mobile apps and we were even awarded Digital Insurance Company of the year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance! Not only will you get to work on great interesting and challenging deliveries, but you will also be working alongside a highly capable and experienced team of digital professionals.
In Digital CIO we enhance existing products, create new products and platforms and maintain our existing applications. We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers’ needs, first time.
As a Business Analyst Apprentice you will be trained to do a variety of tasks including:
- Writing high quality business requirements for the development team.
- Facilitating agile ceremonies such as story writing and backlog grooming sessions.
- Creating documentation to support the persistent assets for the application you are working on.
- Supporting the development team during agile sprints.
As a Business Analyst Apprentice you will work towards the Level four standard, an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification.
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, excellent communication skills, motivation and be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career in Digital. You will also hold a Minimum of 240 UCAS points (Equivalent to 3 “C”s at A-Level).
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Natural curiosity, initiative and innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Desire to learn
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Good team player, networking across the virtual team
- Performance driven
- Owning personal development