Apprentice Administrator - Work Placements- Wakefield College
2 days left
- Start Date
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, fixed term contract for two years
Salary: Year 1 GBP7,040
Year 2 National Minimum Wage for age
Location: Wakefield City Campus
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Administrator to join our Work Placements team.
The Work Placement team engage with employers, students, parents and college staff to source and monitor the progression of learners throughout their work placement.
This apprenticeship will be an excellent start for someone looking to gain a grounding in professional administration support work. During the apprenticeship, you will follow a development programme, which will give you a broad range of experience.
As an Apprentice Administrator, this will include:
- Taking telephone enquiries and messages from colleagues, learners and employers directing them to the relevant member of staff
- Checking learner documentation has been fully completed and entering data into the college systems
- Maintaining a database of placements, employer engagement and marketing activities and maintaining a work placement vacancy board on College systems
We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting others, has a good eye for detail and eager to learn and develop new skills as a valued team member.
As an Apprentice Administrator, you should have:
- GCSE grade A* - C in English and Maths or the equivalent
- A willingness to undertake the apprenticeship training
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to all tasks undertaken
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office packages
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 30 th June 2017
Interview date: Friday 7th July 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.