Financial Markets Trainee Analyst/Graduate Trainee
Are you articulate, highly numerate, ambitious, interested in the financial markets, looking for a dynamic and interesting career in the heart of the City of London? If so, then we want to hear from you!
We are seeking a Graduate Trainee with exceptional numeracy & analytical skills, good eye for detail, articulate and a confident communicator. The successful applicant will become a member of our growing Market Data team that works within a $27Bn market segment within the global financial services industry. You will receive a training programme that will align your existing knowledge and capabilities to the Investment Banking industry and in particular the Market Data segment within it.
Based on successfully completing a training period, the successful applicant will be set a series of objectives geared towards eventually becoming a Market Data Analyst. This will in turn lead to the Analyst taking on more and more responsibility within the Market Data team and as such progress through different and more senior roles with the company.
The qualities we are looking for include:
- Highly competent with mainstream IT systems, Word, Outlook & Microsoft Dynamics preferred, with advanced Excel skills a particular advantage
- Ability to perform detailed and highly accurate Research & Analysis from a wide range of definitive sources
- Strong and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills and ability to show initiative on picking things up/taking ownership
- Ability to work on own and in a team, putting in the extra effort when needed
- Meeting deadlines and prioritising dynamic workloads accordingly
- Strong and forthright but polite manner combined with ability to show confidence to solve problems
- Fundamentally important to this role is accuracy, as our clients rely on our data and reports
- Thirst and tenacity to develop personal skills and knowledge
- A willing and contributing team member
- Ability to socialise and interact with a wide range of clients
The role is particularly geared towards those who enjoy working in a fairly structured environment and who are methodical. Ballintrae is not seeking previous knowledge in this area we are looking for someone who is keen to learn and who has a genuine interest in the financial markets.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a Graduate to join a highly dynamic, innovative and growing organisation within the heart of the City of London.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please Note: All responses to this Advert are checked regularly and all applications are individually considered, however, due to the volume of applicants only the strongest will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your patience and thank you for your time to consider our requirements.